I’m a few days behind on writing this, because, well, children. Need I say more?
So its May already!! I cannot believe we’re starting the fifth month of the year already, one third down, this year is flying by! This month is one of my favourites as its both my birthday and our wedding anniversary and who doesn’t love a good celebration?
In April I set myself five goals, and if I’m being optimistic I’d say I managed two and half.
- Have a Date Night with Hubby, we will get out for a meal this month or a movie or both, its a must. We finally got out more a meal on our own and it was so nice to have some ‘us’ time. My lovely Mum babysat for an evening so we could get out and enjoy ourselves. We both stuffed ourselves silly with steak and definitely felt it the next day but it was totally worth it.
- Start an exercise regime- and stick to it for more than a week! Ok, so I didn’t fully achieve this one but I did start eating a lot healthier. I’m no longer eating dairy- which is definitely making a difference to my skin and general health. I’m also eating a lot more veggies and not snacking as much
- Link up to at least 4 linkies a week. I got a bit behind in March with all the sickness and children refusing to sleep but I’m determined to get back on track. I’m so pleased to say I managed this one, I have a few favourite linkies which I always manage to get to each week but I’ve also linked up to an extra couple of others too. Unfortunately this weekend has been a little manic so I’ve got a bit behind again but I hope to catch up with myself by Friday.
I struggled to complete the other two, one from nerves and the other because again we just didn’t get around to it so I’m going to roll those two onto this months bucket list. I did have one big success with my blog this month though which was going to be a goal for the future and that was to go self hosted, so I do feel a small sense of achievement for April. I will write a post on my experience of going self hosted soon. And we also successfully achieved another family goal, it was very unplanned but kind of just happened and our Toddler is now potty trained!
So heres my May Bucket List:
- Take the girls swimming, this is getting a bit ridiculous now. Its the third month I’ve said we’re going to do this and we still haven’t done it!! I’m so disappointed to be honest so I really want to make sure we go ASAP.
- Film and edit my first vlog. Last month I did actually film a few vlogs and then got super nervous and didn’t post them. I need to build my confidence this month and just take the plunge and share one (lots of encouragement please).
- Book either a staycation or just plan a week of family activities. Hubby has agreed to book a week off work, we have decided we will either use this to take a UK break or make the most of the beautiful area we live in (Devon and Cornwall) and plan days out near us.
- Start an exercise regime. As I only partly achieved this last month I think I really should push myself harder this month. I’m going to set myself a challenge of at least three workouts a week.
‘A goal without a plan is just a wish.’
Have you set yourself any goals this month?