Is anyone else shocked that we’re already reaching the sixth month of the year? How are we already half way through 2016? My maternity leave with baby number two is nearing its end and I feel like I have so much left to do and want to do before I return to work in August. I’m hoping my Bucket List will push me to do some of these things over the next two months.
I set myself four on the list last month and I’m pretty ashamed to say I only managed to achieve one and a half off my list this past month. Life has been a little hectic and both girls have been poorly again so my bucket list unfortunately took a bit of a backseat, fingers crossed June is more successful!
So the one and a half I did achieve, as usual the other two will roll over into June’s Bucket List:
- Film and edit my first vlog. Last month I did actually film a few vlogs and then got super nervous and didn’t post them. I need to build my confidence this month and just take the plunge and share one (lots of encouragement please). So I now have one weekend vlog filmed, which I hope to have edited and up by the end of the first week in June. I have also been asking for some questions to answer in a ‘get to know me’ Q and A blog which I plan to film within the next week.
- Book either a staycation or just plan a week of family activities. Hubby has agreed to book a week off work, we have decided we will either use this to take a UK break or make the most of the beautiful area we live in (Devon and Cornwall) and plan days out near us. Hubby has booked a week off in June so we will be having a designated family week. We have decided against going away but instead we are going to plan a week of activities to do from home. I can’t wait to explore some of the wonderful attractions we have right on our doorstep.
Any way, onto June’s Bucket List:
- Yup, this is the fourth month I’ve added this one….. someone kick my butt into gear please!! Unfortunately both the girls, especially my littlest have had horrid coughs this month and I was worried swimming would make it worse. You’ll be happy to hear however that swimming has been added as a necessity for the week Hubby has off so will definitely be ticked off this month.
- Start an exercise regime. Totally didn’t happen last month. Really need to sort myself out, this past month I’ve felt so tired, exhausted at times and the thought of exercise has been just that, a thought. This month I really will get out an exercise, even if it means just taking a long walk a few times a week.
- I’d like to start posting at least four blog posts a week again, my posting has been a little sporadic over the past month or two and I really want to get ‘back into the swing of it’ again.
- Write up a housework rota and a weekly menu. I regularly find myself spending a whole day a week cleaning and tidying rather than doing it as I go. I want to put a rota together where I complete a small task a day, hopefully taking up less time and keeping the house cleaner and tidier. I also find myself wondering what the heck to cook on an almost daily basis so I’m hoping a weekly food plan would help to relieve some of the ‘meal time stress’ I currently deal with.
- Organise the kitchen, we moved into a new build home at the end of last year and I am still yet to completely sort out the cupboards and drawers, this month I really hope to do this.
June is very much going to be a month of organising both my house and my mind. I feel like I need to get myself into a better routine with a lot of things before I return to work so fingers crossed some of these things will help me.
Please wish me luck for the month ahead!! Have you got any goals this month?