This post might seem completely random, sorry, I have writer’s block, I’ve had it for a good month or two now. It won’t go away. These are things that DO NOT help my writer’s block.
- Looking for blog post suggestions on Pinterest, now I’m overwhelmed with too many ideas in my head but still no words, but look its a pretty cake because I definitely need to eat more cake……….
- Maybe if I just pop onto Instagram for a moment, maybe something or someone will switch the lightbulb on, nope, now its 2am.
- I’ll try reading a book, oh wait, I don’t have time for that.
- Oooo a podcast, that sounds interesting, maybe listening to someone motivational will kickstart me. Now I’m just obsessed with podcasts and I can’t possibly write whilst I listen, I might miss something important!
- If I just put the TV on in the background so its not too quiet…. NEVER a good idea.
- A little snack might help, ok, now I’m procrastinating and eating my weight in cake and chocolate.
- I’ll stay up late tonight so I have no distractions, whoops, its 2.30am and Hubby’s just found me asleep on the sofa.
- Enrol on an online blogging and photography course, feeling massively visually creative, but still no darn words!!
So I’m currently still stuck behind a massive block that will not budge, hence the lack of blog posts for what feels like a decade. On the plus side, I’ve been spending extra time on my Instagram and I’ve found some new incredibly beautiful accounts to follow. My Pinterest boards have a million and one ideas so when my writer’s block does ‘do one’ I’ll have a million and one things to write about. My visual creativity is on a high, I have a new addiction to Podcasts and I’ve become obsessed with boxsets again.
Please tell me you have some magical idea to help with my writer’s block? Or have you got writer’s block too?