I am so excited and delighted to announce that over the coming weeks and months I will be introducing and reviewing a number of wonderful small British Brands. Since becoming a mother I have discovered a real passion for children clothing and accessories, but more so an admiration for shopping small and local. After the past few years I have come across so many amazing and talented people designing, manufacturing and selling gorgeous garments for my littles, from bibs and blankets to tees and hoodies, and I cannot wait to share some of these magnificent small businesses with you.
Sometimes we as parents find it far too easy to just ‘pop’ to the high street to pick up some new clothes, I for one am guilty of this. However, there are so many reasons why we must support small businesses right on our doorstep and I hope to show you these in my ‘Little British Style’ series.
- Small Businesses play a huge role in our communities, they create job roles across the UK and are actually at present the largest employers across the country.
- They are amazing for the economy, small UK businesses contribute billions of pounds to our economy every single year.
- A wonderful service, each time I have shopped small the customer service I have received has been second to none, they have always gone above and beyond to ensure that my shopping experience is enjoyable and memorable.
- You will receive a creative, unique and high quality item. The smaller businesses take time to ensure that each of their items is the highest quality and try to source locally.
- Local and small businesses invest more time and money into charities and local communities.
- Great for the environment and a better ethical choice. Independent businesses source locally where possible and usually use less packaging.
I really hope you enjoy reading and learning about some of the UK’s outstanding small brands through my blog series and that it encourages you (if you’re not already) to buy small and support our fantastic independent businesses.
I really want to shine a light on and celebrate the wonderful creative talents we have here in the UK. So if you know of a brand you think I should feature, or you are a brand who would like to get involved then please do contact me either below or email me at email@example.com.